SYMBIONIC LEG 3
Featuring the latest advances in Bionic Technology by Össur, SYMBIONIC LEG 3 is the next generation of integrated prosthesis that combines a microprocessor knee and powered microprocessor ankle with proactive ankle flexion. SYMBIONIC LEG 3 was designed to enable users to experience greater safety, symmetry and confidence when walking, without needing to adapt their walking style or otherwise compensate for their prosthesis.
- Designed to enhance user’s safety through powered toe lift and stumble recovery, which can help reduce the risk of trips and falls.
- Enabling consistent ground clearance allows the prosthetist to better match the user’s native limb length. Combined with easier swing initiation, SYMBIONIC LEG 3 encourages greater symmetry while walking and helps restore a more natural gait.
- With its unique intelligent terrain adaptation capabilities, the SYMBIONIC LEG also can help enhance users’ confidence, by providing stability while walking on such everyday surfaces as grass, slopes, or uneven ground. This enables the user to walk more easily without having to literally watch their every step.
- Extension locks mechanism, to lock the knee in full extension and increase safety and comfort under specific circumstances.
- SYMBIONIC LEG 3 now features a more powerful knee actuator and new kinematic sensor for better stability, increased support across a wider range of stance flexion, and faster, more consistent swing extension.
PROPRIO FOOT® FROM OSSUR
PROPRIO FOOT offers an unprecedented level of mobility and stability for a world that is not flat. The powered ankle motion, intelligent terrain adaptation, and natural function of PROPRIO FOOT make it the most life-like prosthetic foot available.
Powered ankle motion.
Intelligent terrain adaptation.
Delivering unprecedented physiological benefits, the design of the PROPRIO FOOT significantly reduces many of the compensatory movements that amputees often find themselves doing. The core foot design is based on proven Flex-Foot® technology, which incorporates lightweight, yet very strong carbon fibre that is cured and layered in processes similar to those used in the aerospace industry. Motion analysis for the PROPRIO FOOT is built on the patented technology platform from Dyna-stream, leading experts in the research and development of proprioceptive, "smart" devices using inertial and wireless technology.
FES SYSTEMS FOR FOOT DROP
WalkAide is a revolutionary FDA cleared medical device that leverages functional electrical stimulation (FES) to improve walking ability of people living with foot drop, The WalkAide is also utilized as a Neuro Rehabilitation tool by Clinicians.
The WalkAide system utilizes patented tilt sensor technology and functional electrical stimulation (FES) to analyze the movement of the leg and stimulate the appropriate nerves, prompting the foot to lift with every step. The gentle electrical impulses produced by WalkAide activate the muscles to raise the foot at the appropriate time during the step cycle, creating a more natural and efficient walking pattern.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Stroke (CVA)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Foot Drop or Dropped Foot is a condition caused by weakness or paralysis of the muscles involved in lifting the front part of the foot, which causes a person to drag the toe of the shoe on the ground or slap the foot on the floor.
- Foot drop (also known as drop foot) may result from damage to the central nervous system such as stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. The WalkAide is designed to assist with the ability to lift the foot for those individuals who have suffered an injury to their central nervous system. The WalkAide is not designed to work with people who have damage to the lower motor neurons/peripheral nerves.
It is designed to improve walking ability in people experiencing foot drop caused by upper motor neuron injuries or conditions such as:
WalkAide vs. AFO
Traditionally, foot drop is treated with bracing using an ankle foot orthosis (AFO). The passive treatments offered by AFOs do not promote active use of neuromuscular systems and also limits ankle range of motion. In addition, AFOs can be uncomfortable, bulky, and, if poorly fitted, produce areas of pressure and tissue breakdown. The WalkAide may replace the traditional AFO to re-engage a person's existing nerve pathways and muscles. Using the WalkAide, in most cases, frees the patient from AFO restrictions.
The recruitment of existing muscles results in reduction of atrophy and walking fatigue – a common side effect of foot bracing. WalkAide users have the freedom to walk with or without footwear, up and down the stairs, and even sidestep.
MICRO PROCESSSOR KNEE
RHEO KNEE®3 from OSSUR
The RHEO KNEE 3 provides the most natural knee function among all microprocessor knees because it continuously adapts to the user and the environment while providing perfect balance of stability and dynamics
- Effortless swing initiation enables a smoother gait, even in crowds and confined spaces
- Advanced actuator and resistance control ensure best possible resistance, e.g. more support in stair descent and minimum effort needed in level ground gait
- Constant power spring provides natural progression in swing
- Five-sensor gait detection, including new gyroscope technology, ensures stability and dynamic response in every situation
- Magnetorheologic technology enables an instant response so that users never have to wait for the knee to catch up with them
If desired by circumstances, a manual extension lock can be engaged to lock the knee in an extended position.
ELEVATION VACUUM SUSPENSION (UNITY SYSTEM)
Elevated vacuum for both above-knee and below-knee amputees
With the Unity Sleeveless Vacuum by Össur, there is finally an elevated vacuum system for all prosthetic users. Whether an above-knee or below-knee, low active or high active, mechanical or microprocessor solution is required, the Unity Vacuum System offers the flexibility to combine a variety of Össur feet and knees to achieve the optimal combination of prosthetic components for each unique user.
- controls volume and reduces fluctuations
- improves socket fit and enhances suspension
- reduces pistoning and rotation
- promotes skin and limb health
- improves comfort
- lowers energy consumption
- optimizes gait characteristics
Key benefits of elevated vacuum
Addressing a Medical Necessity
- Elevated vacuum suspension systems manage limb volume fluctuation, a problem that people with limb loss are challenged with.
- When limb volume decreases, the socket is loose-fitting, often causing pressure to bony prominences, which may result in pain and/or injury to the limb.
- The vacuum-assisted socket has shown to eliminate daily volume loss.
- The combination of reduced pistoning and maintenance of volume is thought to account for the more symmetrical gait observed in users using elevated vacuum suspension.
- Activity Balance Confidence scores were found to be significantly higher in participants using vacuum suspension (95% confidence), indicating a lower predicted incidence of future falls.
There are many reasons to believe that above-knee amputees will benefit from the use of elevated vacuum as much, if not more, than below-knee amputees.
Indicated for prosthetic users who:
- need volume management
- require improved socket fit and comfort
- benefit from increased proprioception and enhanced gait symmetry
- need added safety by eliminating/reducing pistoning
- need a lightweight solution without adding build height
LIMB BIONIC HAND –
Össur Touch Solutions provide world-leading prosthetic technologies and supporting services designed to ensure the best possible outcomes for people with upper limb deficiencies. Our advanced products include myoelectric prosthetic hands and partial hand solutions, as well as highly realistic passive silicon prostheses that match the natural appearance of the wearer.
From start to finish, the Modular Socket System prosthesis can be fabricated and fit to a transtibial client in approximately one hour. The simplicity and efficiency of fit makes it the perfect solution for remote clinics and hospital settings.
Direct Socket Tool Kit provides the prosthetist with the tools to consistently make a reliable and well-fitting socket using the Direct Socket system. The toolkit includes the Icecast bladder and pump, a single chamber pressure-casting system designed to optimally distribute pressure to shape soft tissue during casting. The pressurecasting system loads the residual limb, eliminating the need for modification of the resultant socket shape. A reinforcing matrix makes the chamber durable, and controls elongation.
“The worlds of sports and prosthetics are colliding, resulting in a realm of advanced prosthetics that has catapulted athletes into an era of revolutionary gains.”
In the past few decades, the world of sports prosthetics for athletes has realized technological advancements that have allowed artificial body parts to become increasingly refined and targeted for high-level competition. From the rudimentary attempts at large-movement limbs through early research in the field to the pinpoint accuracy of advanced prosthetics for eyes, fingers and more, these modern innovations are making rivals out of the machines seen in sci-fi movies. Advanced sports prosthetics are enabling today’s top athletes to not only participate in their chosen sport, but to excel on an international level as well.
Utilizing prosthetics for sports athletes to allow amputees to engage in their favorite sports is not a new concept. The combination of technology and cutting edge materials, however, has pushed the industry beyond simply allowing these athletes to enjoy their chosen sport. Athletes like Olympic track trailblazer Oscar Pistorius and X Games pro Mike Schultz are making history every time they compete, and are now passing the torch.
The Unloader Hip brace is designed to reduce pain by optimizing load dispersion and proprioceptive control for patients suffering from mild to moderate hip osteoarthritis (OA), thus contributing to hip stability and improved mobility.
- Mild to moderate hip osteoarthritis (OA)
Indications for use:
- Easy-To-Use The pocket wrap closure system and simple-to-tighten pulley system makes the Unloader Hip easy to use and adjust.
- Optimum Comfort With its breathable Lycra material and elastic sections, the Unloader Hip provides a comfortable and snug fit - allowing a discreet fit under clothing.
- Improved Mobility The Unloader Hip provides proprioceptive support through compression of the affected area. The Rotation Control Strap then allows individual adjustment of hip abduction and the external rotation force, resulting in improved mobility for users.
Unloader One® is a comfortable, lightweight, low-profile brace that provides excellent suspension and unloading leverage. Utilizing Össur’s clinically proven 3-Points of Leverage, the dual Dynamic Force Straps are easily fine-tuned using the SmartDosing® system. Recent research demonstrates that Unloader One reduces pain, improves function and decreases the use of pain medication.
- Mild to severe unicompartmental osteoarthritis
- Unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, such as Articular Cartilage Defect Repair, Avascular Necrosis, or Tibial Plateau Fracture
- Thigh circumferences of 13.5” to 29” (34.3cm to 73.5cm) and calf circumferences of 9.8” to 24” (24.9cm to 61.5cm)
- All non-contact activities
- Össur’s Sensil® liners are designed to improve comfort and reduce migration
- Color-coded Quick Fit buckles simplify application and removal